You know those once-in-a-lifetime career opportunities?
Well, this is one of those.
SEND YOUR RESUME/PORTFOLIOS TO CAREERS@MYCORE.COM
Software Development Architect
Mentor the mycore development teams by providing guidance and oversight on software design, coding standards, quality standards, tools, documentation, and best practices
- Responsible for the hands on architecture of the mycore software platforms (Web and Mobile), which is built using SQL Server 2014, IIS, C#, WCF, Xamarin Forms, ASP.Net MVC, AngularJS, and WPF
- Provide input to Product Management in terms of technical implementation options and tradeoffs, scope of effort, preliminary cost and time estimates, etc
- Lead critical debug and escalation resolution efforts
- Responsible for ensuring the support and maintenance of the Continuous Integration build server and Source Code repositories using GIT, TeamCity and PowerShell
- Responsible for ensuring that software undergoes sufficient automated / manual testing such as unit test, integration test, load test, reliability test, security test, and boundary test
- Communicates with all stakeholders and provide frequent update on progress
- Responsible for impact analysis, design modifications, prototypes, as designated by software and other requirements
- Responsible for assisting IT in supporting the production system.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Architecture with a strong focus on the Microsoft stack
- 3+ years’ experience as a Development Team Lead
- Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs
- Agile / Scrum development
- Experience securing web/mobile applications
- Session handling and caching on Redis servers
Required technical skills:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Microsoft stack and the ability to quickly take over the architecture of an existing system on this stack
- Must have a thorough knowledge of SQL Server database design
- Experience with building integration points between a codebase and third party platforms such as Google, iCloud, and Exchange
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability to lead, communicate, resolve disputes
Customer Support Manager
Maintain customer satisfaction by providing problem-solving resources and managing staff for customer service and quality assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the customer service and quality assurance teams by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training team members. Also included in this leadership role is the responsibility to assign, schedule and communicate job expectations for employees.
- Manage performance of employees by reviewing job contributions, appraising, monitoring work and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Define customer service support processes and tools. Determine customer service requirements that drive what processes and tools are required by maintaining contact with customers; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices and analyzing information and the application/software.
- Define quality assurance (QA) processes and tools. Determine QA requirements through close collaboration with the design and software team to understand optimal functionality.
- Implement support processes and software tools with the CS team. Roll out the mycore productivity, quality and customer-service standards to the team. Resolve problems, identify customer trends, determine software improvements and implement change as necessary.
- Implements QA standards set by mycore working in conjunction with the designers and developers. Provide quick communication regarding issues or errors so they can be eliminated or reduced.
- Develop incentive program for customer support and QA team. Collaborate with the executive team to determine the approach, in an evolving manner as the company grows, to reward performance and excellence within the teams. Detect and diagnose problems in advance.
- Meet customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to the executive team. Prepare strategic reviews and plans for the CS and QA functions. Track and report on results from the team to management. Provide weekly summary of CS and QA progress, needs and findings.
- Train all team members on the mycore process and use of the tool. Provide ongoing sharing sessions of the nuances and benefits of daily software use. Ensure all team members are fluent in the software.
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes as necessary. Establish and communicate service metrics, monitor and analyze results and implement changes.
Customer Service, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Staffing, Planning, Tracking Budget Expenses, Analyzing Information , Developing Standards, Help Desk Experience.
You may work on a variety of productions including:
- corporate training videos;
- feature films;
- music videos;
- television programs.
Your work as an editor will involve:
- receiving a creative brief, then generate shot lists, script dependencies, script development and screenplay
- assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer
- inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronizing and storing them into files on the computer;
- digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable;
- creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the program/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
- reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
Additional tasks may include:
- overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
- experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements;
- writing voice-over/commentary;
- suggesting or selecting music.
- You may also carry out online editing duties, which involve finalizing technical aspects such as correcting faulty footage, grading and coloring and adding special effects.
C# .NET SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
We are seeking a C# .Net Software Developer who is a visionary. This role requires quick thinking, disciplined methods and strong problem-solving skills. Technical skills are a prerequisite, but we're most interested in the mind behind the skills.
Although we have a strong culture of collaboration, teamwork, and accountability, this role requires healthy dose of autonomy as well.
We are a small casual team always looking for innovators. We are growing rapidly, so there are always new opportunities and exciting challenges.
- Responsible for development of C# APIs, Windows Services, and SQL Server stored procedures as a member of a small team of developers on an exciting new SAS project.
- Communicates status and impacts of software changes and improvements.
- Willing to take ownership of portions of the software. (Own defects, understand the impact of new or changed requirements).
- Responsible for ensuring high quality and timely delivery of the software they produce.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years experience in software development with a focus on C# or a related language (Java, C++, etc.)
- 3+ years experience working with relational data using SQL and an ORM such as Entity Framework or NHibernate.
- Able to work well as a member of a team to rapidly deliver high quality code.
- Understanding of unit testing concepts and ability to write integration tests.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with integrating with external APIs such as Google, iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, Evernote, or Facebook.
- Experience with RESTful WCF and WCF optimization.
- Experience developing and maintaining Windows Services.
- Experience developing and maintaining SQL Server Stored Procedures.
"They smile, laugh, work hard, wear shorts and flip-flops,
and are really going somewhere. I couldn't stand it."
~ Some guy we didn't hire...